Wednesday 8 July 2009

Chapter 22

After arriving home I went for a swim until Tyler arrived home but I must have got carried away because I was still in the pool when he came in.

He took his shoes off and pulled his trouser legs up so that he can dangle his feet into the water. I finished my length then swim over to him where I massaged his feet.

“Did you sort things out with Sid?” He asks me as he strokes my wet hair.

“Yeah we made a lot of progress and I think we can be friends, I just hope that he never lays a finger on Lorna in a violent manner but I have agreed not to tell her about what happened, I hope I am doing the right thing.”

I eventually climbed out of the pool and made a meal for us both.

“I cant believe how things have worked out between us Gill, I am so happy when I am with you and you have done a lot for my game too, I feel more comfortable on the ice because I know that you are watching me.”

“I am happy too and I am glad that you feel I am helping your game.”

We went to bed relatively earlier than usual since TK was to be at the Mellon early and we quickly fell asleep in each others arms.

I woke up when my alarm beeped and decided to take a day off from my normal routine so that I could spend some more time with TK before he left.

We had breakfast and then I drove Tyler down to the Mellon.

“Well Gill, the time has come for me to leave you for a while. I will phone you when we get there and then everyday thereafter, I will be thinking of you all the time and will never stop missing you.”

I sat holding his hands as our eyes never left one and others.

“The week will pass so quickly that you will be back before you know it. I will miss you too and will look forward to talking to you on the phone. I will also watch your games against the Sens. Good luck gorgeous and have fun.”

We leaned in and kissed each other deeply, neither of us wanting to pull away even though we knew we had too. We eventually pulled away looking at each other in the eyes once again before TK left the car without saying anything further.

I spent the rest of the day in the office trying to get as much done as possible since I was leaving for New York the next day. I still left early to go home at about 1630 and took Lorna with me.

“Can you come up to my room please, I need to pack for going away to New York and you are so much more fashionable than me so you can keep me right, I don’t want to feel out of place when I am with Vero and Clair.” I said to Lorna after we finished up our dinner.

“Gill, what on earth have you done to your wrist?” Lorna asks as I reach up to get my suitcase.

“Oh its nothing, I tripped when I was out running the other morning.” She took a hold of my arm as I tried to move away.

“You did not do this by falling over, that is clearly a hand print.

“I hate asking this but is Tyler hurting you?” She looks so sad and worried as she stares at me. ‘I can’t tell her that it is her boyfriend that is violent and not mine.’

“Tyler would never hurt me, it bruised when I fell during my run the other morning.”

I could tell that she didn’t believe me but we both changed the subject.

We soon picked out some clothes for me and spoke some more about work as well as Tyler and Sid and many other things.

Lorna left a while later and I headed to bed with a book and a hot chocolate knowing that I would not hear from TK until tomorrow as they are on a long haul flight and they will lose time. ‘I hope they don’t get affected with jetlag too badly.’

2 comments:

  1. this was a cute chapter!!
    i cant wait for another update!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good chapter. cant wait for more.

    ReplyDelete