Wednesday 22 July 2009

Chapter 25

The pens won there first game against the Sens with Tyler scoring the first goal of the season.

The next few days passed in a blur and it was soon time for Tyler to come home, I was so relieved as I had spent the last few days missing him like crazy and counting down the hours until he came home.

I heard the door open and I almost ran to him, pulling him into my arms and holding him tight but he just didn’t seem himself, he was distant almost, he barely even hugged me back before he let go.

“Is everything ok Tyler?”

“Fine” I got his one word answer then he walked off without kissing me or saying anything further.

‘I am really worried, I have such a bad feeling.’

I sat down in the living room and picked up my book again unable to concentrate enough to read any of the words on the page when eventually Tyler came and joined me but instead of sitting curled up to me like normal he sat at the opposite end of the room.

“Gill we need to talk.” He stated as he looked at anything but me as he fingers started picking apart the cushion that he had picked up so I knew straight away that he was nervous.

“You are worrying me Tyler, I don’t like this.” I wanted to get up and sit beside him but I couldn’t seem to find the strength to move.

“I think we should break up…”

I was completely stunned, I couldn’t bring myself to comprehend what he had said to me. My eyes were stinging as I tried to hold back the tears, I felt physically sick.

“I missed you so much when we were away. I love you so much more than I ever bargained for, more than I ever knew was possible but it is just too hard Gill. I can’t feel the way I did in Sweden every time I go away. It hurts too much to be away from you so I think it is best just to end things now before it gets harder.”

“You are making no sense Tyler.”

“Gill just stop it” he interrupts before I get a chance to say anything further, his voice hard and cold. “I can’t do this to you, it is easier this way. I have to go I will get my things another time.”

As he left the room he placed an envelope down on the coffee table then left the house without saying anything further.

‘I can’t believe he has done this to me.’

I went to my piano and without thinking of a song my fingers immediately started playing ‘Unbreak My Heart’ by Toni Braxton. The lyrics are as follows:

Don't leave me in all this pain
Don't leave me out in the rain
Come back and bring back my smile
Come and take these tears away
I need your arms to hold me now
The nights are so unkind
Bring back those nights when I held you beside me

Un-break my heart
Say you'll love me again
Undo this hurt you caused
When you walked out the door
And walked out of my life
Un-cry these tears
I cried so many nights
Un-break my heart
My heart

Take back that sad word good-bye
Bring back the joy to my life
Don't leave me here with these tears
Come and kiss that pain away
I can't forget the day you left
Time is so unkind
And life is so cruel without you here beside me

Un-break my heart
Say you'll love me again
Undo this hurt you caused
When you walked out the door
And walked out of my life
Un-cry these tears
I cried so many nights
Un-break my heart
My heart

Don't leave me in all this pain
Don't leave me out in the rain
Bring back the nights when I held you beside me

Un-break my heart
Say you'll love me again
Undo this hurt you caused
When you walked out the door
And walked out of my life
Un-cry that tears
I cried so many, many nights
Un-break my

Un-break my heart
Come back and say you love me
Un-break my heart
Sweet darlin'
Without you I just can't go on
Can't go on....

I broke down in tears just as I finished the song, I cried for hours feeling my heart breaking further each second. I sat on the floor leaning against the wall feeling cold and so alone...

3 comments:

  1. nnnnnoooo!!!!!!!
    S0 not cool! TYLER COME BACK!!
    i cant wait for more!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad TK hey im your family you better listen to me don't do it

    just kidding. we have the same last name
    m. kennedy
    t. kennedy

    ReplyDelete