Wednesday 15 July 2009

Chapter 24

The next morning Vero, Clair and I went for breakfast and then headed out shopping. The day past so quickly with us all spending far too much money.

“Right girls we have somewhere to be, let’s go.”

“Where are we going?” They ask in unison.

“It is a surprise.” Thankfully they never asked any more questions.

We soon arrive at the beauty parlour that I picked out.

“They are going to do our hair, make-up and nails.”

“Wow, Gill you are amazing. Thank you.”

We all got dolled up and couldn’t wait to get back to the hotel to put our lovely dresses on that we had bought today.

Just as I got back to my hotel room my mobile phone started ringing and once again I was happy to see that it was Tyler.

“Hey Gorgeous”

“Hey hunny”

We chatted for an hour or so about what we had been doing for the day and we wished each other luck for tonight. Tyler’s good luck is for the friendly game that has been organised and mine for possibly winning the publishers award and for presenting two awards to my favourite authors James Patterson and Patricia Cornwell.

“Right gorgeous, I need to go and put my lovely dress on before the girls get here. Love you lots and will talk to you tomorrow.”

“Remember to send a picture of you all. Love you too hunny. Bye.”

I put on my dress and I looked at myself in the mirror.

‘I wish Tyler was here to see me’.

The dress that we chose for me was mid-calf length, fitted in all the right areas and floated out at the bottom. It was silver silk, my shawl was also made from silver silk with diamanté's scattered on it and it shimmered pink, my shoes and bag were just simple and they were a darker shade of silver.

Knock, knock.

The knock at the door signalled that Clair and Vero were here.

I opened up and immediately smiled at them. “You both look wonderful, come in. TK has requested that we take a photo and send it over to them.”

“You too look stunning Gill. I bet Tyler wishes he was here with you.”

I looked at them with almost sad eyes. “I wish he was here too, I miss him so much more than I could have imagined but I know that it is something I have to get used too.”

“You will get used to it, it took us time to adjust too but we are all going through the same thing so we just need to support each other and be there for one and other.”

We took a few pictures of us on my camera, one of us all individually and a couple of group photos. I linked my camera up to my laptop and emailed them to Tyler then text him to tell him to check his email. Within minutes all of our phones were ringing.

“Hey Tyler, I take it you got the photos?”

“You girls look amazing. Looking at you makes me miss you so much more.”

“Thanks Tyler, I miss you too and I can’t wait to see you on Sunday. I have taken Monday off so that I can spend some time with you.”

“Great stuff, I can’t wait. I will let you go and have a great night tonight. Love you.”

“You have a good night too, take care.”

We finished up our calls and then headed out to the awards. My company won best publisher of 2008 which I was over the moon about and I got on really well presenting the awards to James Patterson and Patricia Cornwell. I was so pleased that they were indeed lovely people and they both gave me signed limited edition books for my collection.

We all had such a good night and got back to the hotel at about 0200 so we crashed out immediately.

The next day we went home about midday and we all promised each other we would go away together again soon.

3 comments:

  1. awhh they sound like gorgeous outfits.
    cant wait to see what happens on there day together

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was a cute chapter!!
    i cant wait to read more!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ZOMG U RITE RLY GUD!!!

    ReplyDelete